IDMCD aims to:
• Provide grant funding to high-level, multi-disciplinary research of field-leading scientists
• Work with the nation's top scientific organizations to promote a dialogue among researchers, industry, government, educators, clinicians, media and the public
• Serve as a national clearinghouse for research and information
• Collaborate with industry to develop socially responsible media
• Develop advice for parents regarding a healthy media diet
• Advocate for social policies that protect children
IDMCD is now comprised of more than 150 national experts in a wide range of disciplines: neuroscientists, pediatric research centers, psychologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, media experts, sociologists, educators, and legal experts.